Complaints & Resolution 

Any owner who is dissatisfied with any aspect of the factoring service, should make a complaint to the Housing Association in the first instance. Calvay Housing Association's complaints policy and procedures can be viewed here.

Where a complaint against the Association is not resolved to the satisfaction of the owner, the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011 makes provision for owners to refer their complaint and submit an application to the First Tier Tribunual who will determine whether the Association has failed to carry out their duty as a factor or failed to comply with the Code of Conduct. The FTT will not accept a complaint from a homeowner, until they have exhausted the Association’s complaints procedure in the first instance.

Contact details for the FTT are noted below:-
Housing and Property Chamber
First-tier Tribunal for Scotland
Glasgow Tribunals Centre
20 York Street
G2 8GT

Tel: 0141 302 5900