Who are we?
Calvay Housing Association Ltd is a community controlled housing association operating in the Barlanark neighbourhood, which is located in the East End of Glasgow. The Association was established in 1985 to improve the housing conditions of local residents. Since then, the Association has gone on to refurbish in excess of 350 homes and completed four phases of new build, creating 120 new homes.
The Association is a tenant controlled organisation, with day-to-day control in the hands of a voluntary management committee. With the support of the staff and consultants, the committee set the policies and strategies for the Association as well as monitoring and managing performance.
The following aims will shape how we do business and guide our relationship with our customers and partners:-
- We will focus on improving the Barlanark neighbourhood
- We will work with partner agencies or private developers to create new homes.
- We will look after your home and the neighbourhood.
- We will work with others to serve our community and to be part of it
- We will be open and accountable to you.
- We will strive to get better at what we do
We're part of the community
We run lots of events and activities that we run at The Calvay Centre, a community hub in the heart of the area. These services/activities bring people of all ages together and help people gain employment, learn new skills and socialise with other members of the community.