Why are the charges in place?
The Association offers a factoring service to owners and sharing owners whose properties fall within its area of management. The Association recognises the benefits of providing a factoring service, which will encourage good relations with local owners and ensure that all properties and common areas within the estate are adequately maintained. The Association will therefore seek to provide the highest possible standard of service to owners, while ensuring that such provision is always practical, legally compliant and cost-effective.
The management fee is the charge made by Calvay Housing Association to cover the costs of providing the factoring service. This fee is based on the cost of dedicated staff time, which is reviewed annually to ensure the amount charged accurately reflects the actual costs incurred.
The services provided include the following:-
- all property management administration
- advertising for, maintaining and monitoring an approved contractors list
- arranging and monitoring of cyclical and major works
- processing contractors invoices and apportioning costs for common works
- pre and post inspection service for specific repair and maintenance works
- provision of technical expertise and an advisory service for owners
- arranging common buildings insurance, premiums and claims
- all communication with owners including the issue of newsletters
- issuing invoices, maintaining accounts, monitoring and recovery of arrears
- providing access to independent and qualified welfare rights service
- liaising with solicitors in sales and re-sales and apportioning costs respectively
The Association also arranges, administers and apportions costs for the following:-
- Stair-cleaning service, based on a per unit split of actual costs
- Open Space maintenance, 3 separate charges split by actual costs per area covered
i) grass-cutting, tree pruning & litter picking of backcourts and other common areas
ii) bin store maintenance including a fortnightly clean out
iii) bulk uplift, i.e. weekly pulling through of bulk for uplift by GCC Land Services
Stair-lighting maintenance of common closes, as charged by GCC per close